Lemongrass was used for ages as a food ingredient in the far East cuisines especillay in the Tahi ones , in addition to that it is being widely used in TCM for various conditions.
Botanical Name : Cymbopogon flexuosus
Family : Poaceae
Country of Origin : India
Extraction Method : Steam Distellation
Plant Part Used : Leaves
Note : Middle
Aroma : Citrus-fresh-green
Color : Yellow color
Blends well With : Lemon,orange,Geranuim,Patchuoli,Sandalwood,Basil, Peppermint.
Shelf Life : 4 – 5 Years
- Drug interaction (those metabolized by CYP2B6); teratogenicity; skin sensitization - avoid use on hypersensitive, diseased, or damaged skin, with a maximum dermal use level of 0.6% is recommended.
- Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
- For topical application don’t use directly on the skin, dilute with a carrier oil
- Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs
- Add 4-5 drops for Diffusing
- Don’t ingest
- Keep out of reach of children , Avoid using if pregnant or nursing
- Essential oil safety ( Tisserand and young ) second Edition
- Charles Fetrow & Julian Avila (2000) The Complete Guide to Herbal Medicine
- Lawrence BM, Essential oils from Agriculture to Chemistry
- The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy, Salvatore Battaglia
- Arcatender Perfume and flavor materials of natural origin